Rickey Williams began his public education career in 1982. He has a deep respect for educators and the mission of public education.
His public education experience includes teaching math and coaching to secondary students (6-12), leading campuses as the high school principal, and leading districts as the superintendent.
Foundational beliefs about public education include:
- Students and staff must feel safe and valued while in school.
- Educators and parents who promote and value an education enhance a child’s education.
- Students must be given the opportunity to reach their academic and social potential through high expectations, sound curriculum, and creative instruction.
- Enthusiastic educators have a passion for teaching and continuous professional growth.
- All district employees will be examples of professional and ethical conduct and will promote and enhance a positive and collaborative school climate.
Rickey earned his doctorate from the University of Texas at Austin in Educational Administration. As an adjunct, he teaches graduate level courses to aspiring campus principals.